Private medical healthcare needn’t cost the earth, but it is vital to have if you don’t have access to the public healthcare system in Spain. We offer a number of options, including DKV Healthcare policies.
There are a number of levels offered, some with small excesses (or co-payments) and some with larger ones: the higher the excess the lower the premium, BUT consider how many times you may visit the doctor, having a lower premium might be negated by the higher excess. The most popular policy we offer is the DKV Integral Classic. This offers very comprehensive cover without limits including:
- 24 hour Emergency care at home and in a hospital.
- Basic annual medical check-up.
- Analysis and conventional X-rays.
- Paediatrics and childcare.
- General medicine.
- Nursing Service (state registered nurse).
Plus specialist treatment, diagnosis etc. including all the standard specialities gynaecology, cardiology, traumatology, paediatrics, etc. etc. as well as hospitalisation if needed.
Worldwide emergency care is also included (for stays of up to 60 consecutive days per trip or journey), and offers the following cover:
- Transfer and repatriation of the injured and sick.
- The repatriation of the insured person.
- Premature return of the insured person because of a relative’s death.
- Premature return of the insured person because of fire or catastrophe in their home.
- Return ticket and hotel expenses for a relative.
- Medical, surgical, pharmaceutical expenses and those of hospitalisation (up to 6,100 EUR).
- Emergency dental expenses (up to 120 EUR).
- Expenses due to an extended stay in a hotel.
- Shipment of medication.
- Telephone medical consultations.
- Repatriation of the deceased and of the accompanying insured persons.
- Companion in the event of death.